How to Maintain Your Corporation

To keep your Corporation in good standing in your state, you’ll have to do two things:

  1. File any required reports with the state (these are often called annual reports)
  2. Pay your taxes

Annual Reports

The name can be somewhat of a misnomer because many states have biennial reports and one even has a decennial report that only needs to be filed every 10 years (we’re looking at you Pennsylvania!). Annual reports are essentially a state tax. In most states, you simply need to confirm or update any information the state has on your corporation and pay a “filing fee” (this is really just away for the state to collect some extra income). In most states, you can just file online in a few minutes.